The Intern will:
• Assist with organizing and implementing the course, and in particular serve as main logistics focal point for all course participants and speakers;
• Assist in coordinating event-related services such as booking rooms, arranging and overseeing room set-up, and organizing catering;
• Support event participants and speakers by arranging for visa, transportation, accommodation, and other related services;
• Coordinate the engagement of photographers and other media professionals, when needed.;
• Provide other ad-hoc event-related support in the period of April 13-24, 2015.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent organizational skills.
• Be detail-oriented.
• Be able to communicate clearly.
• Be able to work under pressure.
• Be able to occasionally work past 5 pm when necessary to handle specific requests.
• Be willing and able to complete a wide range of activities with a client service-oriented mentality and high sense of professionalism.
• Be comfortable working as a member of a team in an international environment.
• Enjoy working in an academic environment.
• Fluency in English.
• Possess a university degree.
Symbolic compensation might be offered pending confirmation.
About the School of Public Policy
The School of Public Policy (SPP) at Central European University is a unique institution of teaching, research, and practice. It offers a two-year master’s in public policy that has been designed to train a worldwide community that is committed to “purpose beyond power.” Our goal is to empower students by giving them the knowledge and skills they will need to effect positive change for the common good in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to SPP Executive Education email@example.com with the subject line Call for Interns. For informal queries, please contact Dumitrita Holdis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Nov 2, 2014
Required language(s): English (excellent)
Internship (4-5 months, part time or full time)
Employer Name: CEU School of Public Policy - Professional Development Program
Address: Budapest, Hungary