Company: Eurosif (European Sustainable Investment Forum)
Job title: Internship - Communications
Location: Brussels, Belgium
EUROSIF, the European Sustainable Investment Forum, is the leading European sustainable investment membership association whose mission is to develop sustainability across European financial markets. Eurosif works as a partnership of national Sustainable Investment Forums with the support of a broad range of member affiliates from the industry and related services. These include asset managers, ESG rating agencies, research and investment service providers and NGO’s. The main activities of Eurosif are public policy, research and promotion of Sustainable Investment.
Your main tasks will include:
Marketing support and Communications (80-90% of work time)
The role is to assist the Communications Manager of Eurosif. This will involve:
• Assisting in the production of online and/or print publications (newsletters, reports… )
• Updating Eurosif’s website
• Manage contact database for members and mailing lists
• Contribute to Eurosif Policy communications and EU meetings preparation
• Ad-hoc participation to policy webinars, meetings and events
• Support for event management and logistics
• Communicating with external and internal stakeholders, including Member Affiliates
• Contribute to social media strategy and communication metrics
• Other ad-hoc communications projects and duties.
Projects (10-20% of work time)
• Support policy and market research as appropriate.
• Contribute to ad-hoc projects (e.g. capacity building, best practices, etc.).
• Ad-hoc support of administrative tasks (board meetings, invoicing etc.).
What qualifications should you have?
• Excellent English language communication skills, native speaker preferred
• Project Management experience especially related to events or publishing desirable
• Good working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
• Ability to proofread with strong attention to details;
• Previous experience on communication and some journalism or online communication training would be an asset.
• Experience in website editing and/or writing on-line articles, blogs, and/or be familiar with online social communities would be an additional asset;
• Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes desirable;
• Structured, very well-organised, able to multi-task
• Flexibility in undertaking a workload within tight deadlines;
• Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously with a sense of initiative.
• A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
• Experience or interest in Sustainability and/or Corporate Social Responsibility desirable
What we offer
• A unique opportunity to gain relevant work experience before graduating.
• The opportunity to learn about Community Management, web and social media content writing and Online Marketing in practice.
• Challenging and exciting work on a European level.
• Excellent network-building opportunities with EUROSIF member affiliates and EU policy makers.
Location: Rue du Progrès 333, B-1030 Brussels
Date: 6 months, with start early January 2015
Applications: Deadline by November 10, 2014
To apply Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Internship – YOUR NAME” in the subject box.
Please note that the internship is unpaid. A monthly public transport card STIB will be offered (value 49 EUR), and travel costs to Brussels will be covered. Candidates must be registered students currently studying for their Bachelor or Masters Degree at a European University. The intern is strongly encouraged to seek European or national funding through Leonardo, Grundtvig or other programs.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, Eurosif will regrettably not be able to answer to each application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.