None paid internship
Application open only for students
Starting date (possibility to negotiate with the candidate): 4th of November 2013 for 3 to 6 months (depending on the candidate). Please specify the required period on the cover letter.
Place: Brussels in the European Quarter
Launched in Brussels on October 2008, the European Alliance for Responsible Tourism and Hospitality (EARTH) is the first European Network created by experts of responsible tourism. The non-profit association (ASBL) is composed by private organizations based in 7 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Germany, France, and Spain).
EARTH has one main goal: transform and unite Europe in “One Europe for Responsible Tourism”. The network brings to life the principles of sustainability, fairness and solidarity in the tourism field, by promoting the exchange of good practices, experience and knowledge among its members.
EARTH welcomes a student with a strong sense of the initiative, ready to learn and to share with the network his or her knowledge. EARTH is looking for a student with proficiency in written and spoken English (native speakers are preferred) with special skills in communication and a very strong affinity with the values of responsible tourism.
More info: www.earth-net.eu
- To Participate in EU events in Brussels
- To create a communication strategy adapted to the objectives of EARTH for the next 2 years
- To update the website (WordPress) and the social networks in FR, EN, IT, GR and SP (if possible) and translate some documents into English.
- To create new communication materials (Photoshop, publisher and other programs)
- To help create the monthly newsletter.
- To create a list of the European organizations that could become members
Assistant of European projects
- To help the project manager to follow the ongoing European projects about tourism and social economy
- To help organize the European conference on the 2nd of December “European realities of responsible tourism” in Brussels
- To write press releases, to write news in the social networks
CANDIDATE SHOULD have:
- NO experience required as it is a training period
- Ongoing education degree in communication with a specialization in sustainable communication, responsible tourism, non-profit organizations… The candidate should be a student at the university to sign the convention.
- Strong interest in EU institutions / policy making
- The candidate must have a native English level + knowledge of another language is an advantage (German, French, Italian, Spanish…)
- Strong affinity with the values of responsible tourism and the social economy
- Self-starter and autonomous in his/her work
- The student must have a strong desire to learn
- Independent and enthusiastic and positive person, sense of initiative, new ideas and propositions will be welcome
- Well organised
- Flexible and team oriented
- Permit to work in the EU
- A training in order to improve your professional experience in responsible tourism
- You will be working with the coordinator of EARTH in Brussels and with all the members of EARTH in Europe through emails and Skype.
- You will be working with experts of European responsible tourism and you will learn about the different experiences in Europe.
Hours: 38 hours per week as a maximum from Monday to Friday
Please send your cover letter in English + CV before the 23rd of October 2013 to Maurizio Davolio, president of EARTH : email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be done on the 28th of September by Skype for non-residents in Belgium.