DDG is looking for two interns with two different profiles who will be working at DDG’s headquarter in Copenhagen. The interns will have the possibility to be acquainted with the work within an NGO, focusing on supporting communication, fundraising, information management and general support to the country programmes. They will be given the opportunity to work independently with different tasks that are related to their line of study and they will be given a thorough introduction to the working relations at the headquarter of an organisation that works with mine action, armed violence reduction and other humanitarian activities in more than 15 countries.
DDG offers the intern the opportunity:
- To gain experience from working at an NGO
- To work independently with different tasks related to communication, fundraising, information & quality management, and more interesting task relevant to your profile
- To be a part of a small dynamic team
Both interns will be supporting their colleagues with ad hoc tasks, while gaining valuable working experience that is both interesting and relevant to the individual.
The interns will both work individually and together as a team. Both interns should be able to meet the following requirements:
- be enlisted at a university for a relevant education;
- have completed minimum two years of higher education;
- be fluent in both written and spoken English;
- be effective in the use of MS Office; and
- have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Information Management Intern
The intern will work alongside other colleagues on matters concerning information and quality management, data management and analysis.
The Information management intern is expected to:
- communicate with different stakeholders in order to collect and analyse information required for various work processes ranging from grants management, request analysis, planning and coordination of tender response and proposal writing procedures;
- maintain and update the organisation’s file storage systems, i.e. collect, store and disseminate a set of documents (reports, reviews, etc.) in a periodic and systematic manner;
- collate and analyse received data for the production of e.g. fact sheets, graphs and presentations for the DDG’s Senior Management and country programmes;
- help organise meetings and appointments as well as to produce and distribute minutes of meetings;
- act as a point of contact for ad hoc queries coming from the field and/or HQ; and
- assist with the continual improvement of work processes and support systems.
The student should be pursuing bachelor or graduate level degree in Information Science, IT and Administration, IT and Economics, Business Administration, and alike. However, other students pursuing degree in e.g. Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies or other related social science studies with a flair for administration and IT are strongly encouraged to apply.
The intern will work alongside other colleagues on matters concerning communications, branding (visibility) and fundraising.
The communications intern is expected to:
- have developed skills in using MS Office and design programs, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
- write and edit field (human interest) stories based on the information provided by the country programmes;
- draft and send out press releases that contain important updates about DDG’s projects and programmes;
- assist on developing media outlets that will help increase DDG’s product and service awareness;
- manage the production of the existing internal and external media outlets such as internal and donor newsletter, factsheets, infographics, pamphlets, DDG calendar, etc.;
- update content on DDG website;
- assist with preparation, formatting and proofreading of documents and correspondence ranging from different publications to project proposals; and
- be a part of developing the overall communication strategy.
Availability: January 15, 2015
Duration: Approx. 5 months (medio June 2015)
The interns will be working at the DDG Headquarter in Copenhagen.
The interns will report to the Head of DDG.
You are welcome to contact Klaus Ljørring Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Helle Broe at email@example.com for more information about the internships.
For general information about the Danish Demining Group, please consult www.danishdemininggroup.dk.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age
Submit your CV including minimum two references, official transcript of your completed courses at your university and a motivation letter of no more than one page by clicking on “Apply for position” on this page. Please mention two or three projects or fields of interests that you would like to work with.
Please submit your application, in English and marked “Interns – DDG Copenhagen”, no later than Tuesday 4 November 2014.
All applications will be reviewed through a fair process of selection. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
More information: https://delta.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19037&ProjectId=144463&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5