Do you have an interest in corporate governance and capital markets? Do you have an educational background in law, economics, finance or business? Would you like to receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance? Would you like to learn about the inner workings of an AGM?
ISS Brussels is seeking a number of corporate governance research interns for the spring of 2015. You will be guided by experienced analysts and learn about corporate governance, gaining an understanding of technical terminology in the corporate governance and investment management field.
Your main responsibilities will be to assist the analysts in scrutinizing companies’ documents (agenda of the AGM, articles of association, annual reports and meeting materials) with regard to their corporate governance performance and proposals submitted for shareholder approval.
- Assist our analysts by closely inspecting the agendas of annual general meetings;
- Learn about and then formulate vote recommendations;
- Gather data based on information in the company’s public documents;
- Engage with companies in order to procure additional information;
- Prepare reports in English detailing the analyses and explaining why a certain vote recommendation was given.
- An interest and understanding in corporate governance, capital markets, research and data collection;
- A relevant bachelor degree (law, economics, finance, or business);
- A good eye for detail;
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus, especially French and German; strong oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player;
- An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines.
This internship is remunerated (€ 1000 monthly + lunch vouchers + bonus if appropriate) and will run for three to six months starting in January/February 2015.
Applicants should email a cover letter along with a CV in English to EMEA_Recruitment@issgovernance.com using the reference “Corporate Governance Research - Custom” in the email subject.