This is a Postdoctoral Program Merit Based Scholarship and students are eligible from International Student to apply for the same. Only 20 such awards are being offered and the deadline for application is 25-Oct-14.
This Scholarship will Offer you:-
- Residence: Fellows must live in Florence for the duration of their Fellowship so that they can take an active part in the academic activities of the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies.
- Publication: The research done during the fellowship should lead to a publication, either as an EUI Working Paper, or in a scientific journal, or with a reputable academic publisher.
- Grant: The basic grant is € 2,000 per month. If the duration of the fellowship is less than 12 months, no grant will be paid for the month of August, Successful applicants benefiting from other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI, as the amount of the fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum € 1,250 per month) depending on the additional income & If applicable, family allowances will be added to the basic grant (see below).
- Family Allowance: A household allowance of € 300 per month is paid to fellows with a partner when the partner lives with the fellow in Florence and on the condition that the partner’s income does not exceed € 2,000 per month, There is a dependants allowance of € 200 per month for each dependent child living with the fellow in Florence, Fellows are entitled to these allowances if they can declare that they are not receiving any similar allowance from another source, and upon production of relevant documents (marriage certificate or a document that proves you are living together in Florence, birth certificates) & For dependent children in full-time education and over the age of 18, a school or university certificate is required. No allowance is paid for dependent children over the age of 26.
- Taxation: The fellowship is not taxed by the Institute. Fellows are, however, required to comply with any other tax provisions which may be applicable to them.
- Medical Insurance: Fellows must have adequate medical insurance cover during their stay at the Institute. They can either provide proof of their own insurance scheme or subscribe to the EUI’s private sickness and health insurance scheme at their own expense. See the Van Breda Insurance Scheme for conditions.
- Travel Expenses: Fellows (but not their families) receive reimbursement for one return trip from their home town to Florence: first-class rail (travel by car is also reimbursed on this basis) & Economy class air fare. The maximum amount for travel reimbursement is €1,200 for return travel for the fellowships are for the duration of one year (12 months from September to August), renewable for one more year.
|Name of Scholarships:||Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Scholarship is offered by:||Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS)|
|Duration of Reward / Grant:||The fellowships are for the duration of one year (12 months from September to August), renewable for one more year.|
|Education Field:||any Subject|
|Education Level:||Postdoctoral Program|
|Based on:||Merit Based|
|Scholarship is open for:||European University Institute, Europe|
|Students are eligible from:||International Student|
|Number of Awards / Scholarships:||20|
|Important Dates:||Open Date: Not Available Last Date: 25-Oct-14|
|Important Information:||Candidates are selected by the Academic Staff of the RSCAS and their nomination needs to be approved by the Executive Committee of the EUI. This decision is final and not subject to appeal. In case a reserve list is drawn up, places can be offered to reserve candidates if selected candidates do not accept the offer of a fellowship.|
Once all the information has been received by Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS) and the assessment of the submitted documents is complete, you will be informed about your selection in the same.
If you are looking for more information about Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships you are requested to visit the following page: http://www.eui.eu/ServicesAndAdmin/AcademicService/Fellowships/JeanMonnetFellowships/Index.aspx