Missionshecco’s readers are experts in the field of HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration) using natural refrigerants (CO2, hydrocarbons, ammonia, water and air), and our journalists are required to provide them with timely and accurate news content on a regular basis.
Working collaboratively as part of shecco’s editorial team, the Editorial Assistant / Junior Reporter, will produce content for our online publications and for our monthly magazine through regular desk-based monitoring and by conducting interviews. He/she will also assist with editorial tasks delegated by the Deputy Editor, such as online content management, social media, partner content, and moderation of our online community.
This flexible and exciting role with high growth potential will provide hands-on writing and social media experience, as well as the vital skills necessary for being an online journalist.
- Native English speaker
- An ability to write in a style which is easy to understand
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies
- A passion for journalism, with evidence of editorial work experience
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time
- Both a team player and able to work autonomously
- Fluency in more than one language is a distinct advantage
- Engineering background, a very strong plus
- University degree in journalism, mechanical engineering, or environmental studies or related
- Excellent skills in English, both oral and written (native-language level)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel) and/or OSx (Numbers)
- Valid working permit for Belgium required
- Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 12-month period;
- This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance.
Please use the online form to submit your application:
Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 17th October 2014 (but successful candidates might be selected before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
First round interviews will be held in Brussels in the week of 20th October; second round interviews in the week of 3rd November.