We are looking to recruit trainees with an interest in evaluating EU policies and their economic impact in a citizen/consumer perspective, and academic training in economics and the application of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
As trainee at Civic Consulting you will:
- Actively contribute to the work of a small, dedicated and multi-cultural core team in Berlin that focuses on producing high quality evaluations and impact assessments, as well as economic, legal and market studies, mainly for EU and international clients;
- Learn to apply your knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and to conduct economic and policy analysis at EU and Member State level;
- Contribute to analytical reports under the direction of senior team members, and learn to edit contributions of external experts;
- Participate in external meetings with clients and stakeholders;
- Learn the preparation of proposals for public tenders regarding relevant studies.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Masters degree or PhD in economics; or in another relevant subject (e.g. political sciences, law) with complementary knowledge and interest in economics;
- At least one year relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of and experience in applying quantitative and qualitative research methods (e.g. semi-structured expert interviews, surveys, statistical analysis of data);
- Knowledge of and documented interest in one or more of the thematic areas in which Civic Consulting operates (see above);
- Documented interest in developing subject and methodological expertise and taking on new research themes;
- Ability to communicate clearly and to write about complex topics well-structured and in plain language;
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and experience in using statistical software packages (e.g. Stata, SPSS).
Trainees are paid a gross salary of €1,900 per month. Trainees that have successfully contributed to our team will be preferably considered for open positions at Civic Consulting.
Please complete the application form that can be downloaded on our website(http://www.civic-consulting.de/contact.html).
Send application form by email only to email@example.com, together with two writing samples in English (e.g. article or essay paper authored exclusively by you).
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for and do NOT send CV or cover letter.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2014.