Position description:Joule Assets acts as market expert and manager of the Joule ERA fund, a private investment fund designed to invest into Energy Reduction Assets across Europe and North America. Joule Assets combines its market expertise with Joule ERA fund capabilities to finance projects that reduce operating costs for customers, moderate environmental impact associated with energy use, and gain above-market returns for investors. The energy reduction asset market, comprised of energy efficiency, demand response, and energy storage, represents greater than a $500 billion investment opportunity. Achieving this potential will transform our energy system and fulfill the environmental demands of the 21st century.
Joule Assets is seeking candidates willing to understand the energy markets structures, assist upper management in their efforts to develop Joule project portfolio in Europe and maximize the value of investments. We are looking for candidates who can find, understand, and analyze energy industry information to build out Joule Assets investment due diligence and operation capabilities.
As a research and business development intern, the candidate will:
- Conduct market research and gather actionable information, required to assess investment opportunities and maximize project’s returns;
- Play an integral role in identifying, recruiting, and negotiating with partners (contractors, energy service companies, etc.) that benefit from providing energy reduction financing to their customers;
- Support key staff members as they refine internal fund operations in order to deploy financing efficiently.
- Get an in depth understanding of energy reduction assets market structure;
- Take ownership in the accuracy and timeliness of investment due diligence;
- Develop negotiation and business development skills through an active role in Joule Assets process to identify and close investment opportunity.
Responsibilities – the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct European energy reduction assets market research, in collaboration with research team based in New York:
- Contact Transmission System Operators and utility representatives to procure relevant information on their energy efficiency and demand response offerings;
- Condense complex regulation and market procedures to usable and understandable data;
- Actively participate in internal strategic discussions on prioritizing initiatives;
- Support business development staff in identifying, recruiting and negotiating with new partner companies. Partner companies utilize Joule Assets project financing to deploy energy reduction projects;
- Perform due diligence on energy reduction project financing;
- Carry out office work and support key staff in day to day operations.
Experience – the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Market research;
- Energy and sustainability;
- Investment industry;
- Energy technology;
- Financial and quantitative analysis (All candidates will be tested with an Excel based analytical test);
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Attributes – the key attributes for this position include:
- Creativity, initiative, self-starter;
- Ability to condense complex documents into actionable information;
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional team;
- Doggedness, determination and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines;
- Sense of humor.
Compensation and Scope:
- Full time paid internship for 6 months;
- Location: Brussels;
- Payment €1.100 a month;
- Start date is September 1st 2014;
- End date March 1st 2015;
- Includes a one week holiday at Christmas.
If you’re motivated, achievement-driven and enthusiastic about the energy industry, be sure to apply online with your resume and cover letter to http://jouleassets.com/about-joule-assets/careers/.
For questions only, contact email@example.com
or call the Belgium office at: +32 (0) 2 511 76 11.