MWH International Development, based in La Hulpe, is the MWH unit that provides consulting services to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the World Bank, the United Nations, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, governments and government agencies. Our services include design, procurement and construction supervision for water and wastewater, energy and climate change projects as well as management support and monitoring and evaluation of large investment programmes. Our main geographical focus lies on Europe, Africa and other developing countries.
Your roleYou will be supporting the team in all the various tasks related to preparation of commercial offers and in the tasks related to the recruitment of consultants. You will be required to demonstrate a combination of discipline, flexibility, and precision in all tasks.
- Support MWH Bid manager during the expression of interest and bid preparation processes for international projects, including administrative support following strict EU procurement procedures;
- Researching and analyzing project background information; undertake business intelligence researches;
- Identifying and recruiting consultants;
- Identifying and recruiting potential partners.
- Academic background: university degree (or equivalent);
- Professional experience in the preparation of expression of interest and proposals for EU-funded contract;
- Knowledge of the European Commission external assistance policies would be considered as an advantage;
- Professional experience in the field environment/energy/climate change or in a similar technical assistance environment would be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of ACP/ENPI south region would be considered as an asset;
- IT-skills: advanced use of MS Office;
- Rigorous, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Creative, communicative, open-minded and results-oriented;
- Languages: solid written and spoken English and ideally French;
- Work ethics, dynamism and ability to cope with multiple tasks.
Compensation will be provided.
If you are ready to work in a fast-moving, international environment, please send your detailed CV (in English only) in electronic format quoting Intern/08-2014 not later than 15th July 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.