Monday, 16 February 2015
Voluntary Internship position at UNITEE-Strasbourg / FEDIF
UNITEE is a unique organisation in Brussels as it brings the interests of an «under-represented» group of entrepreneurs and business professionals to light, namely those with a migrant background.
Founded in 2010, UNITEE already comprises 6 national federations, 77 business associations and more than 17 000 entrepreneurs and business professionals, located in 23 European countries.
UNITEE's first objective is to raise awareness of its members' unique contributions to Europe's economic growth, which have so far been insufficiently acknowledged. The entire organisation chain in the confederation is involved with international relations, advocacy and strategic communication activities. In addition, UNITEE provides a range of services and events that enable its members to have a deeper understanding of their institutional environment, become more efficient and better exploit international trade opportunities.
Based in Brussels, our team is also supported by an office in Strasbourg, France, which it shares with one of our French associations, the FEDIF Grand Est.
This is the reason why UNITEE recruits two interns for its office in Strasbourg, for a period of 4 months. The given tasks will include:
- liaising with MEPs during the plenary sessions;
- conducting interviews and write articles on the basis of these interviews;
- organise round-tables and other activities in Strasbourg;
- contribute to the Newsletter, UNITEE Blog as well as to UNITEE’s quarterly magazine;
- supporting the activities of our association, FEDIF Grand Est (40%).
This internship will provide you with the opportunity to meet high-level European and local stakeholders, as well as to organise innovative activities and to write articles in our Blog and/or magazine.
For more information regarding our internship programme, do not hesitate to visit the “Internship” section of our website: http://www.unitee.eu/about-us/internship. There you will find testimonies of our previous interns.
‾ Undergraduate or graduate students in Political Sciences, Communication, Event Management, or similar;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team (with people from different cultural background);
- Ability to take initiatives and be creative (used to work with a lot of freedom and thus able to efficiently use it, namely to come with new ideas and proposals);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (used to meet or get in touch with people at all levels and to feel at ease during such activities, physically or on the phone);
- Fully independent in expressing oneself in French and English and ability to take position on given topics (no need to correct gross mistakes);
- Possessing advanced knowledge of computerised office tools (especially MS Office applications such as Word and Power Point).
Please send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com