Thursday, 26 February 2015
About Community Public Affairs
Launched in 2013, Community Public Affairs is the Brussels based division of Community Group. As an EU public affairs advisory agency, Community Public Affairs dedicates itself to developing EU-focused public affairs campaigns that deliver results.
Our team is comprised of senior professionals with extensive experience in public affairs and a group of talented consultants with expertise in a variety of sectors.
About the job
To support our business growth we are looking for a young motivated public affairs professional as an intern in Brussels to start from March 2015 onwards. The internship will last for six months and is remunerated.
If you are eager to learn, proactive, passionate about the EU environment and able to work collaboratively in a small and dynamic start-up structure, this opportunity might be for you.
You should relish the challenges of handling a mix of public affairs and communications activities across various industries,including information and communications technology (ICT), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), healthcare and energy/environment.
Under the guidance of the junior and senior team members, your tasks will include:
- Monitoring, gathering intelligence and providing analysis of EU policies and legislation;
- Researching and drafting background notes;
- Attending and reporting on meetings;
- Providing logistical support for meetings and events;
- Assisting with business administration;
- Performing other tasks as requested to contribute to the objectives of Community Public Affairs.
Qualifications and skills
- Masters degree in political science, European affairs/studies, law or related field;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the EU decision making process and stakeholders environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Relevant experience in a consultancy/in-house, EU institution, trade association or other relevant professional environment;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
Applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 2 March 2015. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.