IBD Partnership is a consulting company based in UK, specialized in business and education projects.
In this blog IBD Partnership will put information regarding different possibilities and events in UK and in Europe. Hope it will be useful and life changing experience to all of you!
Regarding the EU educational projects, please consult www.ibdpartnership.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @IBDpartnership!
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
Internship: 'Project assistant on Latin American Affairs'
The International Juvenile Justice Observatory (IJJO) is a Belgian Public Utility Foundation. The International Juvenile Justice Observatory is conceived as an inter-disciplinary system of information, communication, debates, analyses and proposals concerning different areas which affect the development of juvenile justice in the world. The Observatory offers different services in French, English and Spanish as well as other languages, addressed to entities, professionals and individuals from all over the world involved and interested in the subject.
We are looking for an organized and driven person to help manage the projects where the IJJO is involved, mainly those related with Latin America. The candidate selected will be part of the IJJO team in Brussels.
The Intern will be involved in the following:
- Follow up of Latin American agenda on juvenile justice, Human Rights, security and criminal policies. Also, international and national agendas.
- Assistance to the management daily operational, financial and administrative aspects of projects developed in Latin-American region.
- Support IJJO staff in the application and implementation of technical assistance programmes.
-Knowledge production through policy notes, theoretical and conceptual papers, news and presentations.
- Follow up of Institutional relations and bilateral agreements between IJJO and regional institutions and national civil service on juvenile justice.
- Development of promotion and communication materials related to the international policy agenda, regional projects and activities.
- Research of experts and specialized professionals on the issue and support on the management of networks – think tanks.
- Minimum study level: university degree.
- Specialization: Human Rights, Criminology, Political Sciences, Security, Law.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the work of international development and technical cooperation.
- Native Spanish speaker and excellent English, both written and spoken. French would be a plus.
- Strong research, methodological and argumentative skills are essential.
- Can use standard office software like Word and Excel
- Able to work independently as well as being part of a team.
- Knowledge of international policy agenda and Latin American institutions on related subjects.
- Desirable that has lived in Latin American region.
Maximum 6 months minimum 3 months (Flexible period according to the student's availability).
No financial remuneration is offered by the IJJO (Please check the European ERASMUS and Leonardo Programme opportunities with your university).
If you are interested, please send your CV and a motivation letter to: