This is a Postgraduate Research Program Merit Based Scholarship and students are eligible from :-
- AFRICA: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabdwe.
- ARAB STATES: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Palesltine, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen.
- ASIA AND THE PACIFIC: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Nieu, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam.
- LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Sarvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER STATE: Tokelau to apply for the same.
This Scholarship will Offer you the fellowships financed by Japan and administered by UNESCO will consist of the following:
- A maximum amount between US$6,000 to US$10,000 will be awarded to selected candidates. The amount, to be paid in two or three instalments, is intended to cover research costs only, and will not be negotiable.
- No other costs will be considered and grants will be neither extended nor renewed for Minimum: 3 Months & Maximum: 9 Months.
|Name of Scholarships:||UNESCO-Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowships Programme|
|Scholarship is offered by:||Government of Japan|
|Scholarship Offers:||The Fellowships financed by Japan and administered by UNESCO will consist of the following:
|Duration of Reward / Grant:||Minimum: 3 Months & Maximum: 9 Months|
|Education Field:||any Subject|
|Education Level:||Postgraduate Research Program|
|Based on:||Merit Based|
|Scholarship is open for:||Universities of Japan, Japan|
|Students are eligible from:||
|Number of Awards / Scholarships:||20|
|Important Dates:||Open Date: 06-Nov-14 Last Date: 26-Dec-14|
|Eligibility:||Applicants, a maximum of TWO from each applying National Commission, must meet the following general criteria:
|Important Information:||A Selection Committee made up of experts in the four areas listed above will make recommendations for the final decision of the Director-General of UNESCO. Applications will be judged on the basis of the merit of each application and of its pertinence to the UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme.|
To apply for the above scholarship / award / grant you should submit the following documents and should possess the following:
All applications must be submitted with the required documentation on the UNESCO Fellowship Application Form. Each Member State may nominate a maximum of two (2) candidates. It is the National Commission’s responsibility to select the two candidates whose applications it wishes to submit to UNESCO. The application(s) should reach the Fllowships Section UNESCO, 7, Place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07 SP before 26 December 2014 midnight and an advance copy may be sent by fax to: 188.8.131.52.55.03 or by e-mail: i.genevois(at)unesco.org; l.zas-friz(at)unesco.org
The Application must include the following Attachments:
- The UNESCO Fellowship application form duly completed in duplicate. Two recent photographs (obligatory) should be included with the form.
- Certified copies of degrees or diplomas (including transcript of grades) in duplicate. Proof of having obtained a Master’s Degree must be included.
- A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the candidate’s work.
- A host institute’s letter of acceptance (i.e. the institute that has accepted the candidate for work should she/he be selected for a Fellowship). This letter of acceptance must indicate that the host institute confirms its willingness to provide the relevant research facilities required by the candidate in the chosen field of specialization.
- The certificate of language proficiency (on the UNESCO form) duly completed in duplicate for the language of the country of study (should this be different from the candidate’s mother tongue) issued by an official authority.
- A detailed description, one to two page(s) (maximum), in either English or French, of the research work for which the candidature is being put forward.
If you are looking for more information about UNESCO-Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowships Programme you are requested to visit the following page: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescokeizo-obuchi-japan-young-researchers-fellowships-programme-unescokeizo-obuchi-research-fellowships-programme/