About Community Public AffairsLaunched in 2013, Community Public Affairs is a start-up consultancy dedicated to developing EU-focused public affairs campaigns that deliver results. We pride ourselves on the integrity of our work and believe that a client relationship built on mutual trust is the key to success.
Our team is comprised of senior professionals with extensive experience in the field of public affairs and a group of talented consultants with expertise in a variety of sectors.
Want to learn more? Visit us at: www.communitypublicaffairs.eu
Job descriptionCommunity Public Affairs, the Brussels-based division of Community Group, is looking for a young motivated public affairs professional to join its team of consultants in Brussels.
- Active contribution in day-to-day operations;
- Research and production of background notes;
- Monitoring and analysis of EU and national policies and legislation relevant to our clients or prospects;
- Attendance at and reporting on meetings (e.g. EP committees);
- Logistical support in the framework of events organization and/or client meeting programmes;
- Support the development of new business plans and proposals.
- Masters degree in political science, European affairs/studies or law;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the EU decision making process;
- Past experience in a consultancy firm, EU institution or trade association in Brussels is highly desired;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage stress, multiple deadlines and effectively prioritize workload;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong teamwork, flexibility and ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Entrepreneurial attitude is a plus.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the further development of our start-up company;
- She/he will be treated as a full member of our team and gain experience in a number of policy areas;
- The position is full time and remunerated for a duration of 6 months (renewable once). Ideal start date: 1st of October 2014.