Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research program.
Scholarship Provider: The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO)
Scholarship can be taken at: Europe
1. Not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application;
2. Submit an original research project using the “ECCO Fellowships/Grants Technical Appendix”, not exceeding 13 pages;
3. Having a hosting laboratory and/or department outside one’s own country, which has accepted to host and guide the Fellow under the supervision of a designated host for the duration of the Fellowship. The hosting institution is responsible, together with the Fellow, for the successful completion of the project;
4. If your hosting institute holds a current ECCO Fellowship, then another application for this period is not possible. Therefore, an institution cannot apply for two ECCO Fellowships in consecutive years;
5. ECCO Fellowship applicants and their hosts need to be ECCO Members (at the time of application);
6. ECCO Fellowship applicants are not limited to the ECCO Member Countries and can apply for non-European countries, but the benefit to ECCO has to be clearly stated;
7. Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO. Exceptional circumstances such as an ECCO Member from an ECCO Member state travelling to a non-member state will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an ECCO Member from a non-European country visiting Europe.
-Originality and innovative nature of the proposal
-International scientific level of the research team
-CV of the applicant
-Importance of the project in the field of IBD
-Impact for ECCO
Read more: ECCO Research Fellowships for International Applicants Scholarship Positions 2015 2016