IBD Partnership is a consulting company based in UK, specialized in business and education projects.
In this blog IBD Partnership will put information regarding different possibilities and events in UK and in Europe. Hope it will be useful and life changing experience to all of you!
Regarding the EU educational projects, please consult www.ibdpartnership.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @IBDpartnership!
The Cities Alliance is the preeminent global partnership for the promotion of cities in poverty reduction and sustainable development. Headquartered in Brussels, it is a unique partnership with diverse members – local authorities, national governments, international non-governmental organisations, foundations and multi-lateral organisations – which have come together to strengthen both impacts and coherence in urban development.
The Cities Alliance’s overall objectives are to support cities in providing effective local government, an active citizenship and a growing economy characterised by both public and private investment.
Since its establishment in 1999, the Cities Alliance has become a global leader in supporting strategic city planning, slum upgrading strategies and national policies designed to make cities more inclusive and sustainable. Cities Alliance’s activities have helped leverage over US$1.5 billion in additional funding.
The current Medium Term Strategy is focused on Promoting Equity in Cities through equitable economic growth, gender equality and partnerships.
Cities Alliance is hosted by UNOPS.
Background Information - Job-specific View content The internship will be located in Cities Alliance Secretariat office in Brussels, Belgium. The selected candidate will work within the Programme Unit and especially for an emerging work of the Cities Alliance Partnership to identify and promote policies and practices essential for equitable economic growth in cities. This issue is viewed as a critically important knowledge gap for Cities Alliance members to address.
As part of its commitment to strengthening its partnership approach, this work will be undertaken by a member-led Joint Work Programme, with the active support of the Secretariat and incumbent. Based on the Work Plan 2015, it is envisaged to conduct a series of diagnostic work, dialogues to inform a multi- year Joint Work Programme for the Cities Alliance Partnership.
This internship with the Cities Alliance team within UNOPS GPSO offers the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to Cities Alliance’s analytic work on Economic Growth in cities as well as work with Cities Alliance members at global level.
Functional Responsibilities View content
Support to Pillar 1 of the Cities Alliance Medium Term Strategy 2014-2017 on Equitable Economic Growth in cities
• Provide operational assistance to the Task Manager working on various projects and activities, including the preparation of project documents, research and analysis on specific tasks, support to project supervision to achieve activities envisaged for Pillar 1 of the Medium Term Strategy on Equitable Economic Growth in cities;
• Critically analyse and assess economic research and arguments presented by project partners, stakeholders, and others;
• Write a self-authored article on Equitable Economic Growth using evidence from a Cities Alliance funded project or activity;
• Support the development and coordination of a major economic study on City Diagnostic in Country Programmes of the Cities Alliance Partnership;
• Carry out substantive research on specific urban sector issues e.g. service coverage and quality, urban planning, economic development, public expenditures allocation and effectiveness, and fiscal impact;
• Review and interpret data, screen relevant documents, prepare - under guidance of the Task Manager - reports to management and external agencies, help organize knowledge-sharing or consultation workshops with clients and sector stakeholders;
• Provide inputs to concept notes, synthesize comments, and help prepare review meeting packages; assist with dissemination of findings, including drafting briefing notes, talking points, power point presentations as well as coordinating workshops;
• Works independently, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior specialists;