Monday, 27 April 2015
Jr. Digital Designer 12-month Paid Internship
Interested in reporting on exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market development expert supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies, with a special focus on natural refrigerants. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”.
As the leading publisher of natural refrigerant news worldwide, primarily published online in digital-based publications, shecco’s Media Labs is looking for a Junior Digital Designer for its Brussels headquarters.
Estimated start date: June 1, 2015
The Junior Digital Designer at shecco plays an important role in executing design work on several exiting projects. He/she is exposed to a wide range of activities from UX (information architecture, content strategy, wireframes, sitemaps, etc.) to user interface designs, branding, visual concept development, brochure and publications design.
· Support our Designer on projects as needed
· Help prepare approved designs for development
· Participate in brainstorming creative concepts for projects
· Assist on quality assurance testing and content population
· Create feature images for our platforms
· Generate graphics for internal events, documents, and products
· Communicative, flexible, and patient under tight deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English — French is an asset
· Solid knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
· Comfortable with print and digital publication design (magazines, books, reports,...)
· Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
· Good typographic eye
· Online portfolio demonstrating current skills
· Contagious level of energy!
Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 12-month period
This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Deirdre Lockhart, at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form via www.shecco.com to submit your application (including a link to your online portfolio)
Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration
First round interviews will be held in Brussels in the week of 18h May 2015.