Sunday, 1 March 2015
Policy Internship Carbon Market Watch
Carbon Market Watch is recruiting a dynamic intern for a 6-month position in its Brussels office, starting once appropriate canditate has been found. The intern will report to the EU policy officer in charge and will support the advocacy campaigns in Europe and the Global South.
· A challenging and exciting experience with a dynamic organisation working internationally;
· The opportunity to work with senior figures in EU public affairs as well as activists in the Global South;
· A financial compensation of €500/month, plus reimbursement of any expenses incurred.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Policy research and analysis;
· Research on key stakeholders and public institutions;
· Monitor and analyse relevant climate and energy policies at EU and UNFCCC level;
· Support the preparation of documents including briefing papers, campaign notes and lobby points;
· Support the coordination of joint position papers and letters across the Carbon Market Watch network;
· Attend and support the organisation of relevant policy events in Brussels;
· Support in general office administration.
· Keen knowledge and understanding of the EU decision making process;
· Some knowledge of and considerable interest in climate policies (UNFCCC, EU), including emissions trading and offsetting;
· Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask and prioritize own work;
· Strong writing skills (English)
· Great attitude and strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team;
· Fluent in written and spoken English. German, French and Spanish are considered an advantage.
· In-depth understanding of the international climate decision making process;
· Understanding of EU/UNFCCC climate policies, including carbon offsetting;
· Prior experience with voluntary and/or NGO;
· Demonstrated research gathering skills;
· Proficient in office software, especially with excel, word and outlook.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter, addressing the competencies required to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered. The deadline for application is March 13th.
About Carbon Market Watch: Carbon Market Watch is active on three levels – at the UN level, within Europe and the Global South. We successfully advocated for stronger civil society participation, major policy changes at the UN and EU level and uncovered unprecedented scandals in international mitigation activities. For more information, see www.carbonmarketwatch.org.