Thursday, 19 March 2015
Intern for the Young Europeans' Seminar (YES) European Educational Exchanges - Youth for Understanding
European Educational Exchanges- Youth for Understanding (EEE-YFU) is the umbrella organisation for national YFU organisations in Europe and currently has 29 member organisations. Youth for Understanding is a non-profit youth exchange organisation, providing exchange programmes for 15 to 18 year old students in more than 50 countries world wide.
The Young Europeans’ Seminar (YES) 2015, taking place from 29 June to 3 July, is the year-end seminar for all the YFU exchange students who are from Europe and who spent their exchange year in another European country. This summer about 500 students and more than 100 volunteers will take part in the seminar.
The topic for the YES 2015 is “Human Rights in a Digitalized World”. During the YES 2015, YFU volunteers will invite students to think about how our daily behavior online impacts others and affects the exercise and promotion of human rights globally.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the YES Intern, based in Brussels, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks:
- Administrative support for the YES 2015 Organising team
- Organisation and supervision of the participants’ registration process on the YES Database
- Cooperation with external partners (i.e. various suppliers, etc.) as well as communication with international partners (other National YFU Organisations)
- Assistance in handling all logistical matters, such as communication with EJB Werbellinsee (YES premises) about rooms and meals, taking care of room division/ occupancy, preparing different lists of participants, etc.
- Preparation of the Students’ Manual, compilation of different Volunteer Manuals and preparation of other relevant YES documents
- Contributing to the visibility of the YES, in particular through social media management
- Sorting all necessary materials prior to the YES 2015
- At the YES: assisting the Content Coordinator and Logistics team leader, supporting the Info desk team handling expense reimbursements, etc.
- Follow-up: preparation of final reports, assisting with financial accounting
- Preparation of the YES 2015 Final report (with support of the Content coordinator and Logistics team leader).
Completed school education, internship experience (desirable);
Good command of English and German (spoken and written);
Ability to work effectively and learn different software and web-based programs (learning by doing);
Previous YES experience (desirable) or experience in working in international teams;
High level of motivation, responsibility and dedication to the objectives of the YES 2015;
Quick comprehension of new concepts;
Structured and independent way of working in a team;
Good time management and organizational skills, a willingness to learn and the ability to work under pressure;
Reliability and willingness to take responsibility;
Ability to work independently and make reasoned decisions as well as ability to keep deadlines (these are two key qualifications you MUST have).
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Dates: You will start your internship in the first or second week of April 2015 and finish at the end of July 2015 (about three weeks after the YES).
Where: You will be based in our office in Brussels. A three-week working mission to Hamburg (Germany) is foreseen in June. After the YES you will return to Brussels and finish your internship there.
Benefits: This position offers you an incredible learning experience and a possibility for self-development. Your international travel expenses will be reimbursed upon receipt. In addition, we will provide a small monthly stipend to help you cover your costs. You will be responsible for covering accommodation in Brussels and Hamburg (we will support you in finding suitable space).
What to consider: You are responsible for having a valid insurance and visa.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your short (2 pages at most) application letter and your CV to email@example.com. Remember to mention your contact information, including your Skype user name and cell phone number.
The position is open until filled. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible!