Course Level: Scholarships are available for students to pursue research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
Scholarship Provider: Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
Scholarship can be taken at: Austria
– descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin)
– or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
– on their diploma or master thesis
– or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical trainee ships or internships.
-Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
-Age limit: Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1975)
for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1980)
-monthly scholarship instalment: 940 EUR
-accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
-The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
-Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. 500 EUR in addition to the scholarship.
– Formal check (through the OeAD-GmbH)
– Necessity of the research stay in Austria in regard to the further process of the thesis.
– What are the plans for the research stay in the framework of the scholarship?
– How will the Project be carried out? Which scientific methods will you apply?
– What are the main objectives of your research stay in Austria?
– Which steps have you planned in order to achieve these objectives (research in archives, interviews, . . .)?
– Have you already completed preparatory work to achieve these objectives (if yes, which ones)?
– Where do you plan to carry out your project (library, archive, institute . . .)?
– academic background (since when are you already studying, which grades have you achieved) and list of publications or documents in regard to your artistic work so far.
– plausibility of the Application.
-fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
-two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application
-confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
-scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
-university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
-for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
Read more: Austria Scholarships for International Students, 2016 Scholarship Positions 2015 2016